|WCSI Local News|
The Indiana Department of Transportation has awarded $1,523,795 to Dave O'Mara Contractor Inc. of North Vernon for reconstructing Carr Hill Road between Terrace Lake Road and Interstate 65 in Bartholomew County. It also awarded $640,337 to Duncan Robertson Inc. of Franklin for widening the Mauxferry Road bridge over Buckhart Creek in Johnson County.
Both works are Local Public Agency projects planned and partially paid for by the local agency requesting the project. In these cases, the agencies are the city of Columbus and Johnson County. The Federal Highway Administration provides 80 percent of the funding for these projects. The local agency is responsible for the remaining 20 percent.
INDOT said that in both cases, the winning bid was the lowest of seven bids submitted.
Last Updated: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:21:00 AM
WCSI Radio • Mailing Address: P.O. 1789 Columbus, IN 47202 • Studio: 3212 Washington Street
• Columbus, IN 47203