|WCSI Local News|
The Elizabethtown Fire Department responded to a house fire just before 2 a.m. Thursday at a home at 5225 South 900 East.
Maj. Todd Noblitt, with the Bartholomew County Sheriff's Department, says the house was being heated with a number of space heaters, both gas and electric. One of the callers reporting the fire indicated that there was an explosion as well. Noblitt says the preliminary investigation indicated that explosion came from a 20 pound LP gas tank that was inside the home.
The renter of the house, Steven Kinser, attempted to contain the fire, but was unsuccessful. He suffered second degree burns to his hands and was taken to Columbus Regional Hospital. The house was a complete loss and two animals, a dog and a cat, are believed to have died in the blaze.
Noblitt says the investigation continues.
Last Updated: Friday, November 08, 2013 4:36:04 AM
WCSI Radio • Mailing Address: P.O. 1789 Columbus, IN 47202 • Studio: 3212 Washington Street
• Columbus, IN 47203